The Accounts Dashboard allows Riskalyze Trading users to simplify the process of raising cash and deploying excess cash in client accounts. With automated daily monitoring, Riskalyze Trading is built to automatically invest cash contributions and help you stay on top of recurring distributions
In this article:
Scheduling Cash Distributions
Trading allows you to create cash for one-time and recurring distributions. Follow along to see how you can create cash distributions in the Account Dashboard:
1. First, navigate to Accounts at the top of your screen.
2. In the search bar, enter the name or last four digits of the client account that you wish to manage or add distributions for.
3. Select the client to view the client's accounts and select Change View, then Cash Management.
4. Select Add New and add a custom name for the event if you'd like.
5. Enter the amount of cash you’d like for Trading to generate.
Note: If the account already has cash in excess of the target cash allocation, Trading will only generate enough sells to make up the difference between the current excess cash and the distribution amount.
6. One-time distributions will default to the current date, however, if you want to schedule the distribution in the future, you can easily adjust the date by clicking on the current date.
7. If you opt to make the distribution a recurring event, you will be given the option to select the frequency and end date if needed.
8. Click Save in the bottom right corner to complete the setup process. Look for your scheduled trades in the Trading Dashboard under the trade reason "Cash Distribution."
9. Scheduled distributions can be removed by expanding the event from the Cash Distribution view and clicking Delete.
Note: Trading provides email notification reminders any time you have one-time scheduled cash distributions.
Monitoring for Contributions
Riskalyze Trading scans all of your accounts every night looking for new cash contributions. Due to the fact that every Trading account has a specified cash target, Trading will automatically queue trades to the Trading Dashboard when there is new cash to put to work.
The Riskalyze Trade Engine
When the Trading adds a Trade to the Trading Dashboard for cash management, the Engine can dynamically disable buys or sells to minimize transaction fees. The Trade Engine uses the following logic:
- When raising cash in an account, Trading uses a rebalance type that disables buy orders. This means cash will be raised using a minimal number of trades — saving you and your clients on custodial ticket charges.
- When putting cash to work in an account, Trading uses a rebalance type that disables sell orders. This means clients can make cash contributions often without worrying about unnecessary custodial ticket charges.
Occasionally Trading does not disable buys or sells, and the account will be fully rebalanced while simultaneously raising cash or deploying cash. This happens when the following trade reasons are present on an account at the same time as the cash event.
- Risk Number Drift
- Allocation Drift
- Model Reallocated
- Target Holdings Change
Note: To learn how trade minimums impact cash distributions, check out our article on Using Trade Minimums.