Your eMoney emX account and Nitrogen can be integrated, allowing you to seamlessly single sign-on and view Risk Numbers for both clients and portfolios, all within emX.
In This Article
- Setting up the Integration
- Single Sign-On (SSO) with Nitrogen
- Linking Clients from emX to Nitrogen
- Importing Clients from Nitrogen to emX
- Creating a Nitrogen Portfolio From an emX Client Account
Setting up the Integration
The first time you use emX with Nitrogen, you will need to establish the integration:
- Sign into emX and go to Applications -> View All Applications.
- Click on Nitrogen.
- Select Turn On.
- Enter your Nitrogen credentials to sign in to Nitrogen. You will only need to enter those credentials one time, then your accounts will be linked.
Note: With Nitrogen Advisor credentials, you have full access (SSO, link and import clients, etc.).
Single Sign-On (SSO) with Nitrogen
The emX and Nitrogen integration gives you Single Sign On access to Nitrogen from within emX. Go to Applications -> Nitrogen to access Nitrogen within emX:
Note: When using Nitrogen inside emX, the emX navigation bar will remain at the top of the window:
Linking Clients from emX to Nitrogen
To link a client from emX to Nitrogen:
1. Open the Client Overview and click Connect below the "Risk ?" icon on the right:
2. Choose whether to create a new client or link to an existing Nitrogen client:
3. Once a client is linked, you will see their Risk Number and their portfolio's Risk Number on the right side of the Client Overview, along with options to Complete Questionnaire, and Unlink Client:
Importing Clients from Nitrogen to emX
Tip: This option will create a new client in emX based on a client you have in Nitrogen.
To import a client from Nitrogen into emX:
- Login to emX and go to Applications -> Nitrogen.
- Click Import Clients at the top right, then click Import next to the client you wish to import.
Creating a Nitrogen Portfolio From an emX Client Account
From your emX Client Overview page:
1. Select "Create Nitrogen Portfolio":
2. You will then be prompted to choose the accounts that you wish to export to Nitrogen.
3. Once all accounts have been chosen, select "Save Portfolio" and the portfolio's Risk Number will be displayed on the Client Overview page.
Why do I get a message that says: "OOPS! Something went wrong"?
This is most commonly caused by an assistant or admin attempting to connect the client from eMoney into Nitrogen. Only advisor level login credentials should be used to connect to Nitrogen, otherwise, this error will occur.
Other potential causes could be that a client is already linked to another Nitrogen user in your firm, or if you have recently changed your Nitrogen password and need to re-establish the connection.
When I connect a client to eMoney, will the accounts update automatically?
The integration with eMoney is designed to push over the latest portfolio from eMoney and return its Risk Number to eMoney when initiated from the client's eMoney profile. Because of this, the portfolio in Nitrogen is not updated automatically. Only when you initially click "Connect" from within the client's eMoney profile will you then be given the option to send updated portfolio information from eMoney to Nitrogen. See "Refresh Nitrogen Portfolio" information listed below.
Once your client's portfolio is connected to Nitrogen via eMoney, each time you wish to update the portfolio in Nitrogen, choose the "Refresh Nitrogen Portfolio" option and it will overwrite the current portfolio in Nitrogen with this new data.