Riskalyze is integrated with TD Ameritrade Institutional, allowing you to bring your TD Ameritrade Institutional client data into your Riskalyze client profiles.
Submitting the Release of Information (ROI) Form
The first step toward integrating your client data is to complete and send the ROI form to TD Ameritrade Institutional. You can get the ROI form from TD Ameritrade Institutional directly, or request one by emailing the Riskalyze Customer Care Team.
On the ROI form, fill in your Veo User ID (often your email address) along with your Advisor Code. If you have multiple advisor codes in Veo, please request a Master Advisor Code from TD Ameritrade Institutional before submitting the ROI.
If you already have an ROI on file with TD Ameritrade Institutional, you may skip this step and proceed to "Connecting Your Integration".
Veo Account Preparation
Next, TD Ameritrade Institutional will set up your account for integration. They will alert you once the ROI has been completed. This process takes on average around 4-5 business days.
Connecting Your Integration
When it's confirmed that the ROI is complete for your Veo account, you're ready to integrate with Riskalyze:
- Log in to Riskalyze and navigate to Menu> Settings > Integrations.
- Scroll down and select TD Ameritrade Institutional.
- Enter your TD Ameritrade Institutional's Veo Platform credentials, Master Rep Code, and Block Account Number, then click Connect.
Note: Your Master Rep Code/Advisor Number will be used for Autopilot and Premier account opening features. Your Block Account Number will be used for Trading and Rebalancing purposes. Block Account Number is only required if you are an Autopilot user.
The integration will now be ready to use!
Creating a Riskalyze Client from a TD Ameritrade Institutional Client
- From the Riskalyze dashboard, click Add New Client.
- Under "Add client from...", click the TD Ameritrade Institutional logo
- Enter a client's name in the search bar
- Click on the name of the client you want to sync and a profile will be created in Riskalyze.
Note: If the client has more than one TD Ameritrade account, you will see them populate in the search as separate results. Instructions on merging multiple accounts into one client profile can be found below.
Linking an Existing Riskalyze Client to a TD Ameritrade Institutional Client
If you need to connect an existing Riskalyze client to TD Ameritrade Institutional, you are able to do so by clicking Client Actions > Integrations on the client overview screen:
From here, you can control which TD Ameritrade Institutional clients are linked to this Riskalyze client profile. You can then link multiple TD Ameritrade accounts from the client, and even other clients to create a household. Riskalyze will sync and combine all of the holdings into one active portfolio.
If the account is already linked to the profile you are viewing, it will be listed below the search bar.
To unlink a TD Ameritrade Institutional client, you can click on the same TD Ameritrade Institutional icon and click on the x next to that contact. The active portfolio will resync, combining the holdings for the remaining linked contacts.
Why do I get a message that says: "This contact is already linked"?
Each TD Ameritrade Institutional client can only be linked to one Riskalyze client profile.
There are a few reasons you might see this message: (a) the contact is linked to another client profile in your account, or (b) the contact is linked to a Riskalyze client profile in another advisor's account. If you use Riskalyze Data Sharing, you can share linked clients with other advisors within your Team. Otherwise, only one advisor will be able to have that TD Ameritrade Institutional client linked to a Riskalyze client profile.
What if I have two Riskalyze client profiles and two TD Ameritrade Institutional clients, and I want them all together?
Choose which Riskalyze client profile you'd like to keep (preferably the profile with a client-verified Risk Number). Delete the other one. Then, open the remaining client profile, click Client Actions in the top right and then Integrations. Search the client as you would in the above section on "Linking an Existing Riskalyze Client". The holdings for both contacts will then resync into the active portfolio in Riskalyze.
Why am I getting this error: “We’re sorry, we couldn’t integrate your account with those credentials”?
There are a few common causes for this error:
- Double-check your username and password. If your credentials are correct and you still receive an error, it's likely that the ROI has not yet been fully processed by TD. Confirm with your TD relationship manager that the ROI has been fully processed on their side.
- Make sure your Exchange Agreements with TDAI Veo are signed. These agreements can be found in Veo under Preferences > User Preferences > General > Exchange Agreements (NASDAQ, NYSE and OPRA). If signing these exchange agreements is not an option, we recommend looking at connecting a different integration.
- Your password may not be compatible with TD Ameritrade Institutional's API. Due to a limitation with the XML format used by TD Ameritrade's API, certain combinations of special characters are not allowed in certain orders within the TD password. If you are unable to authenticate, reach out to TD Support to reset your password to be compatible.
When I search for an existing client to add to Riskalyze, they don't appear in the search results. Why can't I see all clients from TD Ameritrade Institutional?
The contacts or investors you see in Riskalyze are connected to the Advisor Code or Advisor Number on your ROI form. The Advisor Code on your ROI and in Riskalyze should match. If both of these codes match and there are still some contacts who don't appear in search, you might have multiple advisor codes in TD Veo. Request a Master Advisor Code from TD Ameritrade Institutional and use that for the Riskalyze connector to gain access to all contacts.
Disclaimer: TD Ameritrade, Inc. and Riskalyze, Inc. are separate, unaffiliated companies and they are not responsible for each other's services and products. Veo Integrated is an indication of programming compatibility. It does not imply any TD Ameritrade, Inc. recommendation of, endorsement of, warranty of, or fitness for use of Riskalyze's products or services. TD Ameritrade is not responsible for information, opinions or services provided by Riskalyze. Brokerage services provided exclusively by TD Ameritrade, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. Veo is a trademark of TD Ameritrade, Inc. TD Ameritrade is a trademark jointly owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. and The Toronto-Dominion Bank. Used with permission. All rights reserved.