Your Orion account and Riskalyze can be integrated, allowing you to link your Orion accounts to Riskalyze client profiles and sync your custodial data to Riskalyze.
In This Article
- Setting up the Integration
- Creating a Riskalyze Client Profile from an Orion Contact
- Linking an Existing Riskalyze Client to an Orion Contact
- Creating a Riskalyze Model from an Orion Model
- Frequent Questions
Setting up the Integration
- Log in to Orion Connect and navigate to the Integrations Center
- (If you are unable to find the Integrations Center, have it enabled by your Orion admin under Manage Users > Roles > Edit Role > Records > Integrations > Integrations Center > Enable “Read” and “Edit” Privilege
- Find Riskalyze and click “Add”
- Read through the Terms and click “Next” if you agree
- Click “Connect to Riskalyze”
- Click “Next” once completed
- Enable the Riskalyze privilege for all roles that need access to it
- You can add/remove this later in Manage Users (Roles > Edit > Apps > Integrations > “Riskalyze”)
The first time you use the integration, you will be prompted to enter your Riskalyze credentials.
The integration is now complete! After you log in that first time, Orion Connect will automatically log you in going forward.
Note: Data from Orion is synced on a regular basis. Every time you log into Riskalyze, you should see the client's up-to-date holdings in that client's current portfolio in Riskalyze.
Creating a Riskalyze Client Profile From an Orion Account
- From the Riskalyze dashboard, click Add New Client.
- Under "Add client from...", click the Orion logo.
- Enter a client's name in the search bar.
- Click on the name of the client you want to sync and a profile will be created in Riskalyze.
Linking an Existing Riskalyze Client to an Orion Account
If you need to connect an existing Riskalyze client to Orion, you are able to do so by clicking Client Actions > Integrations on the client overview screen:
From here, you can control which Orion clients are linked to this Riskalyze client profile. If you link multiple Orion clients, Riskalyze will sync and combine all of the holdings into one active portfolio.
Creating a Riskalyze Model from an Orion Model
The integration between Riskalyze and Orion also allows you to create a model within Riskalyze from an existing Orion model. Once the ability to search for Orion models has been enabled you'll want to accomplish the following steps to create a model:
- From the Riskalyze dashboard, click Models at the top of the screen.
- Click Add New Model to the right of the search bar.
- Click New Model, then click Import. You should see an Orion logo in the search bar afterward.
- Enter a model name in the search bar.
- Click on the name of the model that you want to sync and a model will be created in Riskalyze.
Note: To enable this option, please email email@example.com to request that "the external model search option from my Orion Integration be enabled.
Why do I get a message that "this contact is already linked"?
Because Riskalyze pushes a client's Risk Number and active portfolio Risk Number to Orion, an Orion contact can only be linked to one Riskalyze client profile.
There are a few reasons you might see this message:
- The contact might be linked to another client profile in your account.
- The contact might be linked to a Riskalyze client profile in another advisor's account. If you use Riskalyze Data Sharing, you can share linked clients with other advisors within your Team. Otherwise, only one advisor will be able to have that contact linked to a Riskalyze client profile.
What if I have two Riskalyze client profiles and two Orion Accounts, and I want them all together?
Choose which Riskalyze client profile you'd like to keep (preferably the profile with a client verified Risk Number). Delete the other one. Then, open the remaining client profile, click "Client Actions" in the top right and then "Integrations". Search the client as you would in the above section on "Linking an Existing Riskalyze Client". The holdings for both contacts will then resync into the active portfolio in Riskalyze.