Nitrogen is integrated with Redtail CRM, allowing you to link your Redtail contacts with Nitrogen client profiles, sync your custodial data to Nitrogen, and display a client's Risk Number in Redtail.
In This Article
- Setting up the Integration
- Choosing What to Sync
- Creating a Nitrogen Client Profile from a Redtail Contact
- Linking an Existing Nitrogen Client to a Redtail Contact
- Using the Redtail Integration Card
- Bulk Sending Redtail Contacts to Nitrogen
- Frequent Questions
Setting up the Integration
The first time you use Redtail with Nitrogen you will need to establish the integration:
- Log in to Nitrogen and navigate to Menu ≡ (top right of your screen)> Settings:
- Click on the INTEGRATIONS tab, then choose Redtail from the list of options:
- Enter your Redtail credentials, then click CONNECT.
The integration will now be established and ready to use!
Choosing What to Sync
After you've established the integration, you can choose what information gets synced from the Nitrogen Integration Settings page. From Nitrogen, go to MENU -> Settings -> Integrations -> Redtail:
You can enable or disable:
- Push Activities: creates a follow-up activity and corresponding calendar reminder in Redtail each time a lead completes the Lead Generation Questionnaire.
- Push Leads: creates a new contact in Redtail each time a lead completes the Lead Generation Questionnaire.
- Pull Holdings: Enables the syncing of client account holdings from Redtail into Nitrogen on a regular basis. Whenever you log into Nitrogen, you should see the client's up-to-date holdings in that client's active portfolio in Nitrogen.
What Else Gets Synced?
Whenever a client's risk tolerance or active portfolio risk changes, Nitrogen pushes the updated Risk Numbers to that contact's record in Redtail.
Creating a Nitrogen Client Profile from a Redtail Contact
Open a contact and navigate to your Integrations. Click the Nitrogen icon and select "Analyze Client Risk." This will populate the Redtail Contact into Nitrogen and analyze the risk in their portfolio.
You also have the ability to link an existing Nitrogen client! To start, type the name of the client into the “Link to a Nitrogen Client” box and click “search.”
From the Nitrogen dashboard, click the "Add New Client" button located to the right of your name and firm name. You'll now see a Redtail box and an Enter Manually box. Make sure the Redtail box is checked. Where it says "Enter Client Name" begin typing the name of a client, and Nitrogen will populate matching client names for you to choose from. Click on the client that you would like to sync and a profile will be created in Nitrogen.
Linking an Existing Nitrogen Client to a Redtail Contact
If your Nitrogen and Redtail accounts are integrated, and you already have a client profile in Nitrogen, open the client profile and click on the Client Actions button in the top right and then Integrations.
From here, you can control which Redtail contacts are linked to this Nitrogen client profile. If you link multiple Redtail contacts, Nitrogen will sync and combine all of the holdings into one active portfolio.
To unlink a Redtail contact, go to Client Actions > Integrations and click the X next to that contact.
Using the Redtail Integration Card
The Redtail integration contact card is now more powerful than ever and brings your questionnaire, risk alignment, and check-ins data straight into Redtail.
You can now send Risk Questionnaires to your clients directly from Redtail. To start, click “Create Risk Questionnaire” and choose “copy” or “launch.”
- Selecting “copy” will copy the link for the Risk Questionnaire into your clipboard and allow you to paste the URL into an email or document.
- Selecting “launch” will open the questionnaire immediately.
Your Redtail integration card now shows the Risk Number of the client’s current portfolio and risk tolerance. This card will also highlight when a client’s Risk Number and portfolio Risk Number are in alignment.
Check-ins is an automated behavioral coaching tool that allows you to take the pulse of your clients on a regular schedule.
Once clients have filled out a Check-in, their submissions will automatically populate within the Redtail integration card.
If you have built a retirement map for your client, that information will now be displayed under the Retirement tab on the Redtail Integration Card.
This card shows the retirement probability, initial investment amount, projected growth, and retirement year.
Clicking on the probability percentage will SSO into Nitrogen and open the Retirement Map for that particular client.
Bulk Sending Redtail Contacts to Nitrogen
As a Redtail user, you have the ability to bulk send your Redtail contacts to Nitrogen.
- First, pull up the list of contacts that you'd like to send from within Redtail, for example by clicking Contacts > All:
- Check the boxes next to each contact you wish to send, then go to Contact Options > Bulk Actions in the upper right:
- Choose Send to Nitrogen from the list of actions:
- The selected contacts will be sent to Nitrogen and will appear in your Nitrogen client list shortly!
If a prospect fills out the Lead Generation Questionnaire on my website, will their information be copied to Redtail as a Contact?
Yes! If a client fills out the Lead Generation Questionnaire, that client contact info will be used to create a Redtail Contact. You can learn about Embedding the Lead Generation Questionnaire into your website in our Knowledge Base.
Why do I get a message that "this contact is already linked"?
Because Nitrogen pushes a client's Risk Number and active portfolio Risk Number to Redtail, a Redtail contact can only be linked to one Nitrogen client profile.
There are a few reasons you might see this message: (a) the contact might be linked to another client profile in your account, or (b) the contact might be linked to a Nitrogen client profile in another advisor's account. If you use Nitrogen Data Sharing, you can share linked clients with other advisors within your Team. Otherwise, only one advisor will be able to have that contact linked to a Nitrogen client profile.
What if I have two Nitrogen client profiles and two Redtail contacts, and I want them all together?
Choose which Nitrogen client profile you'd like to keep (preferably the profile with a client verified Risk Number). Delete the other one. Then, open the remaining client profile, click "Client Actions" in the top right and then "Integrations". Search the client as you would in the above section on "Linking an Existing Nitrogen Client". The holdings for both contacts will then resync into the active portfolio in Nitrogen.