A great benefit of LPL BranchNet is the ability to household a client's assets and then export the householded file into Riskalyze. Below is a brief summary of this two-part process.
1 Householding an LPL Account
- From BranchNet, go to the Clients tab, select Browse, and then Account Browse.
- In the Account Name search criteria, put in the client's last name, hit search.
- On the far left, you will see boxes. Check the boxes of the client's accounts that you wish to household.
- In the "Select an Activity" area, click on the arrow and select Create Group of checked items. Then click "Go".
- In the Group Detail section, enter your Rep ID and enter a name for Group Name that you wish to give this household group (for example, the last name of a client).
- On the right, click on Save Group.
- When Group Information has been successfully saved, click Populate Group.
- Select which accounts you want to include in the household and click save.
- You can go back to the Clients tab, select Browse, select Account Browse, then choose the HHGP tab to see that your clients are householded.
2 Exporting Householded Accounts for Riskalyze
- From BranchNet, go to the Clients tab, select Browse, and then Group Browse.
- In the Search box at right, type the name of the group you created in step 5 above, then press Enter to search.
- In the results that appear, click the Group Name that you wish to export.
- Click the Assets tab and then click on Export. If a message pops up that says “Do you want to open or save this file”, click Save. Give the file a name that you can remember as being account related.
From here, you can import the file into Riskalyze using the drag and drop feature.