Retirement Plans is a powerful addition to Riskalyze that gives your plan participants access to build a retirement goal and choose a portfolio that's right for them. Once you've enabled the Retirement Plans add-on, you'll be able to manage the participants and models in your plan.
In This Article
The first time you use Retirement Plans, you’ll need to activate this feature in your account. Login to Riskalyze and click Retirement Plans (in the upper left):
Follow the prompts to finish activating Retirement Plans in your account.
Creating Retirement Plans
Click ADD NEW PLAN + and type the name of the plan. Then, click the ADD button again.
You can now begin adding participants using either of two methods:
1. Import: Use this option to add participants in bulk from an Excel spreadsheet (XLS, XLSX, or CSV). Use the Import Template as a starting point, add your plan participants' names and emails, then drag-and-drop into Retirement Plans to import. (Add New Plan and Import Participants illustrated below)
2. Manually: if your plan has just a few participants, you can enter them manually by typing their names and clicking ADD NEW.
Important: Make sure that each participant has a valid email address, or they will not be able to receive an invite to the client onboarding process. You can add an email address by clicking on the participant's name, then enter their email in the Enter email address box.
After you've added participants to your plan, you'll need to add at least one model. Most advisors will create 5-10 models, spread across the risk spectrum. These models will be available for your participants to choose from during the client onboarding process.
Click the Models tab, and then select CREATE NEW or ADD EXISTING to add models to the plan.
Create New: Allows you to create a model from scratch (Enter Manually, Copy a Model, or Import a file).
Add Existing: Allows you to copy one of your already existing Model Portfolios.
Finally, click Settings to finish configuring the plan. Settings allow you to configure three very important features:
1. Link to set elections: Oftentimes, participants can only make changes to their allocations by logging in to a third-party client portal and making the changes there. In order to seamlessly redirect a client to their third-party portal at the end of the Retirement Plans on-boarding process, paste the link to the portal in the Login URL field.
2. Account opening link: If any of your participants are enrolling for the first time, you can paste a link to their third-party online account opening in the Link to enroll field.
3. Plan email notifications: Choose who to notify when clients complete the participant on-boarding process by entering email addresses in the Enter more emails... box.
Make sure you hit the Save Election Settings.
Once you've completed the steps above, click the 3-dot menu (•••) and then Invite All Participants (in the upper right) to send an invitation to all of the plan participants:
That's it! Each plan participant will receive an email to begin the client onboarding process.
For more on Retirement Plans, make sure to also check out the following resources: