If you are an LPL ClientWorks user, here are a few steps that will allow you to export client accounts from ClientWorks.
- From the CLIENTS tab in ClientWorks, enter the client’s name in the field that says “search clients” and hit enter. If you select Accounts instead of CLIENTS, your imports will show as separate accounts for each holding. Be sure to select the CLIENTS tab.
- Select the DESIRED CLIENT from the list that appears after the search.
- Select the INVESTMENTS tab.
- Select EXPORT (far right of screen) to launch the export function. Make sure to select CSV as the File Type.
- Select the green “export ready” box to drop a spreadsheet to your desktop.
- Navigate to the spreadsheet, select file and SAVE.
You can then import the file into Nitrogen using the steps found here: How to Import a Portfolio from Your Custodian
That's all there is to it!