In This Article
Nitrogen supports over 30,000 Corporate, Municipal and Government bonds. Add bonds to any client or model portfolio with just a few clicks!
Want to know more? Read about Nitrogen's Bond Methodology.
Adding Bonds to a Portfolio
Bonds can be searched for by name as well as by certain identifiers if they are recognized. When a bond isn't recognized, you'll have the option to enter the bond's details manually.
- First, open a portfolio or create a new portfolio. You can add bonds to client portfolios as well as model portfolios.
- Click "Add Investment" and begin typing the bond's identification number OR name/description:
Select the appropriate match from the list. If you can't find the bond you're looking for, it's simple to model it using its price, coupon rate, and maturity date as detailed in Adding Custom Bonds.
Adjusting Bond Details
After adding a bond, you can change the Bond Price, Coupon Rate, or Maturity Date by clicking the bond to display the edit screen:
Once edits are complete, click SAVE. To restore bond details back to original values, click RESET, then SAVE.
Note: Bond details can only be modified when Advanced Risk Modeling is enabled and the Market Assumptions are not set to "Average Return".
Adding Custom Bonds
If a bond is not recognized by Nitrogen, you can easily model it using a custom investment:
- Enter a name for the bond, then click Create Custom.
- Click the investment you just created to reveal the Risk/Return Scenario, then choose Model as an Individual Bond from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Bond Price, Coupon Rate and Maturity Date, then click SAVE.
That's it! You've successfully added the bond to your portfolio.