Autopilot makes trading and rebalancing accounts easier than ever with models based trading. Whether you’re making a tactical change to a model, performing an annual model update, or reallocating a model completely, accounts that are linked to an edited model will be rebalanced automatically.
Here’s how it works.
Editing a Model
First select the model you’d like to update. Models with connected accounts can be identified by looking for the Autopilot-Activated logo.
Now that you’ve pulled up the model you’d like to edit, follow these steps:
- Edit your first allocation. After your first edit, a banner will pop up at the bottom of your screen asking if you’d like to Resume Editing or Preview Changes.
2. If you need to make more edits to your model, simply continue editing, or click Resume Editing to make the banner disappear. Each additional model edit will cause the banner to reappear.
**Important - if you start editing a model, but don’t finish before the end of the trading day, you can pick up where you left off the following day. Trades will not be generated for connected accounts until you approve the final draft of a model update.
When you’re done making changes, you can use the preview changes screen to double check your work. To do so:
- Click Preview Changes on the banner at the bottom of your screen.
- This screen shows you how your reallocation will impact the Risk Number, potential annual return, expense ratio, and annual dividend of your model.
- During this step you may still make changes to your model by clicking Resume Edit.
Applying Changes/Generating Trades
Once you’re done editing your model, you can finalize these changes and generate trades for all connected accounts. To do so:
- Click Apply Update to implement these changes.
Autopilot will generate the necessary trades to keep each connected account targeting the reallocated model.
- Navigate to the Trading Dashboard in order to preview the generated trades.
2. Simply approve the trades to generate a trade file. From there, you can execute your trades by uploading the trade file into your Custodian order blotter. For more information about generating and executing trades, click here.