Do you manage assets for a household? Do you, perhaps, run client meetings with married couples? Maybe you have two separate profiles for spouses that you later decide to analyze as a household. Many advisors have found success in managing multiple client accounts in one Nitrogen profile.
There are a couple of different ways to consolidate profiles in Nitrogen. The workflow will differ depending on whether or not the clients are integrated.
In This Article
- Householding Profiles from an Integration
- Householding Profiles not Connected to an Integration
- Frequently Asked Questions
Householding Profiles from an Integration
This workflow will allow you to sync two clients into the same Nitrogen household via integration. Let's imagine that you are managing client Wayne Diaz and you need to create a household by syncing accounts for his fiancée Lillian.
- From your Nitrogen dashboard, click Add New Client and create a profile for Wayne via the integration.
- From Wayne's profile, click Client Actions > Integrations on the client overview.
- In the resulting search field, enter Lillian's name and select the matching account from the drop-down. You will now see Lillian's account integrated to this household along with Wayne's.
- Repeat step three for each account that you want in this household.
Note: If you already have separate profiles created for each integrated account, first DISCONNECT any clients you wish to move into the household profile.
After you have connected all the profiles, check the Current Portfolio to make sure all of the holdings have been brought over for the integration correctly. Once you are sure all the holdings are safely in the combined account, you can either leave the old profile alone (if you foresee any reason to model the clients separately again in the future), or simply delete it.
Householding Profiles not Connected to an Integration
If the portfolios are not linked with an integration, you can simply scroll to the bottom of a portfolio and click + Add Account to household additional accounts. If you’re looking to merge two existing portfolios that are not connected to an integration, follow these steps:
- Open the client profile you want to merge from
- Navigate into the portfolio, and click Portfolio Actions > Export which is located directly above the portfolios risk number on the right-hand side. This will download a CSV file of the portfolio that you can import into the “household” client. Save this to your desktop.
- Now that you have the CSV file, navigate to the “household” client profile and open the portfolio you want to merge into
- Scroll to the bottom of the portfolio and click Add Account > Funds, Stock and Other > Import File
- Make sure the file format at the top is set to Nitrogen Excel Template
- Drag and drop your file into the shaded gray area or click browse and select the file that was saved to your desktop.
- Check to make sure all of the holdings imported properly, and you are all set!
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I already had a lead from a questionnaire, and a duplicate profile was created from an integration?
Not to worry! All you need to do is go to the profile that is linked to the integration, select Client Actions > Integrations and click on the “x” next to their name. Then follow steps 1-4 above to link the integration with the profile that contains the questionnaire results.
Can I merge or move client questionnaire results?
Because only the portfolio data is able to be transferred from one profile to another, it is best to preserve whichever profile has a client Risk Number from a completed questionnaire. If both profiles have questionnaire data, you will need to merge the portfolio data into the profile that contain the Risk Questionnaire results you would like to represent the household. For more info on this, check out Capturing the Risk Number of a Married Couple.