In This Article
- Setting up the Integration
- Choosing What to Sync
- Creating a Riskalyze Client Profile From an LPL Client Account
- Linking an Existing Riskalyze Client to an LPL Client Account
- Frequent Questions
You are now able to sync your custodial data from LPL Branchnet or Clientworks to your Riskalyze account! Follow the steps below to activate your integration.
Setting up the Integration
Submitting Form F-688
- The first step towards syncing your client accounts from LPL is to submit form F-688. In order to do so, you will first need to log in to either Branchnet or Clientworks. Once logged in, select Resource Center and download form F-688.
- Print the form, complete the form, and submit to LPL's Client Tech Management team per the instructions that can be found at the top of the form. When submitting the form via email to LPL's Client Tech Management team, please also cc: [email protected] so we can better track your request.
Note: Please include all secondary rep codes with accounts you would like sent to Riskalyze, along with your master rep code for section 5
LPL prepares your account
Once you have submitted form F-688 to LPL, the Client Tech Management team will set up the data feed for your account. Once complete, LPL will notify both you and Riskalyze that the feed is ready. This process generally takes 7-10 business days. After receiving this notification, Riskalyze will connect your account and you will be able to begin syncing your client accounts in Riskalyze.
Choosing What to Sync
After your integration has been established, you can choose what information gets synced from the integrations page in Riskalyze. To access the integrations page, go to MENU -> Settings -> Integrations -> LPL.
You can enable or disable:
- Pull Holdings: Enables the syncing of client account holdings from LPL into Riskalyze on a nightly basis. Each morning, you should see the client's up-to-date holdings in that client's active portfolio in Riskalyze.
Creating a Riskalyze Client Profile From an LPL Client Account
From your Riskalyze dashboard, click the + Add New Client button. Make sure the LPL Financial card is checked. Begin typing the name of a client, and Riskalyze will populate matching client names for you to choose from. Click on the client name and then click the Add Client button and a profile will be created in Riskalyze.
Linking an Existing Riskalyze Client to an LPL Client Account
If your Riskalyze and LPL accounts are integrated, and you already have a client profile in Riskalyze, open the client profile and click on "3 Dot Menu" in the top right and then "Integrations".
From here, you can control which LPL client accounts are linked to this Riskalyze client profile. If you link multiple LPL client accounts, Riskalyze will sync and combine all of the holdings into one active portfolio.
Why do I get a message that "this contact is already linked?"
There are a few reasons you might see this message: (a) the contact might be linked to another client profile in your account, or (b) the contact might be linked to a Riskalyze client profile in another advisor's account. If you use Riskalyze Team Edition, you can share linked clients with other advisors within your Team. Otherwise, only one advisor will be able to have that contact linked to a Riskalyze client profile.
What if I have two Riskalyze client profiles and two LPL Accounts, and I want them all together?
Choose which Riskalyze client profile you'd like to keep (preferably the profile with a client verified Risk Number). Delete the other one. Then, open the remaining client profile, click "Actions" in the top right and then "Integrations". Search the client as you would in the above section on "Linking an Existing Riskalyze Client". The holdings for both contacts will then resync into the active portfolio in Riskalyze. Click Here for a video demonstration.