In This Article
- Setting up the Integration
- Choosing What to Sync
- Creating a Nitrogen Client Profile From an LPL Client Account
- Linking an Existing Nitrogen Client to an LPL Client Account
- Frequent Questions
You are now able to sync your custodial data from LPL to your Nitrogen account! Follow the steps below to activate your integration.
Setting up the Integration
Submitting Form F-688
- The first step towards syncing your client accounts from LPL is to submit form F-688. In order to do so, you will first need to log in to either Branchnet or Clientworks. Once logged in, select Resource Center and download form F-688.
- Print the form, complete the form, and submit to LPL's Client Tech Management team per the instructions that can be found at the top of the form. When submitting the form via email to LPL's Client Tech Management team, please also cc: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can better track your request.
Note: Please include all secondary rep codes with accounts you would like sent to Nitrogen, along with your master rep code for section 5
LPL prepares your account
Once you have submitted form F-688 to LPL, the Client Tech Management team will set up the data feed for your account. Once complete, LPL will notify both you and Nitrogen that the feed is ready. This process generally takes 7-10 business days. After receiving this notification, Nitrogen will connect your account and you will be able to begin syncing your client accounts in Nitrogen.
Choosing What to Sync
After your integration has been established, you can choose what information gets synced from the integrations page in Nitrogen. To access the integrations page, go to MENU > Settings > Integrations > LPL.
You can enable or disable:
- Pull Holdings: Enables the syncing of client account holdings from LPL into Nitrogen on a regular basis. Whenever you log into Nitrogen, you should see the client's up-to-date holdings in that client's active portfolio.
Creating a Nitrogen Client Profile From an LPL Client Account
From your Nitrogen dashboard, click the + Add New Client button. Make sure the LPL Financial card is checked. Begin typing the name of a client, and Nitrogen will populate matching client names for you to choose from. Click on the client name and then click the Add Client button and a profile will be created in Nitrogen.
Linking an Existing Nitrogen Client to an LPL Client Account
If your Nitrogen and LPL accounts are integrated, and you already have a client profile in Nitrogen, open the client profile and click on Client Actions in the top right and then Integrations. See the animation below or click HERE for a step by step video walkthrough.
From here, you can control which LPL client accounts are linked to this Nitrogen client profile. If you link multiple LPL client accounts, Nitrogen will sync and combine all of the holdings into one active portfolio.
Why do I get a message that "this contact is already linked?"
There are a few reasons you might see this message: (a) the contact might be linked to another client profile in your account, or (b) the contact might be linked to a Nitrogen client profile in another advisor's account. If you use Nitrogen Data Sharing, you can share linked clients with other advisors within your team. Otherwise, only one advisor will be able to have that contact linked to a Nitrogen client profile.
What if I have two Nitrogen client profiles and two LPL Accounts, and I want them all together?
Choose which Nitrogen client profile you'd like to keep (preferably the profile with a client verified Risk Number). Delete the other one. Then, open the remaining client profile, click "Actions" in the top right and then "Integrations". Search the client as you would in the above section on "Linking an Existing Nitrogen Client". The holdings for both contacts will then resync into the active portfolio in Nitrogen. Click Here for a video demonstration.
Why do I receive an error when I try to access Nitrogen through some integrations?
For regulatory reasons, LPL has established controls over the use of its data feed and requires that Nitrogen not re-transmit its data to a handful of integrations (including AdvisorMetrix, Advizr, CircleBlack, Ebix SmartOffice, HiddenLevers, RetireUp, and Wealthbox). If you have questions about these integrations, we advise you to contact your LPL service team. If you are having trouble with an integration not on this list, please contact Nitrogen Support and we'd be happy to help.