Curious to understand how your clients and prospects will see and learn using Autopilot? Here's a brief video below on Autopilot—the digital advice platform—from the client's purview.
- Automate the account opening process
- Leverage your time and expertise across a broader segment of clients
- Invest each client based on their Risk Number
- Most importantly, change your client’s behavior—by focusing on what they can control (how much they spend, how much they save, how aggressive or conservative they are, and how long they work for), instead of focusing on what they cannot control (portfolio performance)
At the end of the day, we want to see you successful. Like you, we believe every investor has their own, personal Risk Number and should be invested accordingly to achieve their long term goals.
Curious to see an example of how advisors could introduce the Autopilot process to clients and prospects? Here's an example advisors have used to introduce the account opening process. Feel free to glean ideas or tailor to your own style.
Welcome! This email gives you an overview of our onboarding approach, so you'll know what to expect. We strive to make this experience as simple and easy as we can.
There are a few things we need you to do, before starting the onboarding process:
- There are different investment account types (IRA, ROTH, etc.). Make sure you select the appropriate account.
- If you don't have your social security number memorized, go ahead and get it—you'll need it.
- If you're employed, have your employer's mailing address handy.
- If you are transferring any accounts over to TD Ameritrade, you'll need to upload a copy of your most recent statement. Go ahead and scan (or even take a picture!) it to your computer's hard drive, so it will be easy to access electronically. You can upload documents in either PDF or JPG format, so make sure your document(s) are in one of those two formats.
Okay, all set? Here's what will happen next:
- Click the onboarding link
- Choose the type of account you’re opening
- Fill in the data, as it’s requested
- If needed, upload monthly statements
- Digitally sign the forms
- Congrats! You’re done!
Shortly after you have successfully completed the onboarding process, you will receive information about how to log into your client portal. This will be your "one-stop-shop" for all your financial information: your accounts managed by your advisor, your Risk Number, etc.
When you get your login information, please take a moment, log in, and look around. As your accounts become "live", more and more data will start showing up. Check out your Risk Number. And please: let us know if you have any questions. We are happy to answer any questions you might have!
Are you ready to become a client? We hope so! Please click the link below to get started:
[insert Autopilot account opening link here]