Note: Most users have been upgraded to an enhanced proposal workflow, if you have an older workflow, your account will be upgraded soon. Please contact a Nitrogen Specialist with any additional questions at email@example.com.
Now that you've compared your client's Risk Number with the risk of their current portfolio, you've likely found that some adjustments are needed to bring their portfolio in alignment with their goals and risk tolerance.
Creating a Proposal
Propose these changes by creating one or many proposals. For an interactive walkthrough, check out our Nitrogen Academy Lesson.
To create a proposal:
1. Open the client's profile in Nitrogen.
2. Click the Proposals tab and select Add New Proposal
3. From here, you can either choose to start fresh by selecting Add Account or use the current portfolio as a starting template, by selecting Copy Current Portfolio.
4. Selecting Add Account will present you with options similar to those presented when creating a Current Portfolio, with the exception of Asset Sync, which is only available for Current Portfolio accounts. Additionally, in proposed portfolios, you'll have the option to Copy the Current Portfolio over at any time.
5. You can then make changes as desired, such as adjusting allocations, adding accounts, or copying in additional models.
Implementing a Proposal
For Accounts Connected to An Integration:
If your client's Current Portfolio is already synced into Nitrogen via a connected integration, you'll want to make sure that the accounts are pulling in to the Current portfolio. Once the trades are placed with your custodian, those trades will automatically update in the client's current portfolio over the next few days via the connected integration.
For Accounts NOT Connected to An Integration:
Once you're ready to move forward with a proposal, you'll click Portfolio Actions > Implement Proposal to make it the move your proposed changes over to the client's Current Portfolio (archiving the existing Current Portfolio).
Now, a list of actions needed to implement the proposal will appear, along with options to download Trade Lists (Trading users should continue to use the Trading Workflow) and mark actions complete. This is a great way to track your progress as you implement a proposal.