Now that you've compared your client's Risk Number with the risk of their current portfolio, you've likely found that some adjustments are needed to bring their portfolio in alignment with their goals and risk tolerance.
Creating a Proposal
Propose these changes by creating one or many proposals. For an interactive walkthrough, check out our Riskalyze Academy Lesson.
To create a proposal:
1. Open the client's profile in Riskalyze.
2. Click the Proposals tab and select Add New Proposal
3. From here, you can either choose to start fresh by selecting Add Account or use the current portfolio as a starting template, by selecting Copy Current Portfolio.
4. Selecting Add Account will present you with options similar to those presented when creating a Current Portfolio, with the exception of Asset Sync, which is only available for Current Portfolio accounts. Additionally, in proposed portfolios, you'll have the option to Copy the Current Portfolio over at any time.
5. You can then make changes as desired, such as adjusting allocations, adding accounts, or copying in additional models.
Implementing a Proposal
Ready to move forward with a proposal? From the client's profile, click Portfolio Actions > Implement Proposal to make it the move your proposed changes over to the client's Current Portfolio (archiving the existing Current Portfolio).
Now, a list of actions needed to implement the proposal will appear, along with options to download Trade Lists and mark actions complete. This is a great way to track your progress in opening new accounts, making trades, etc. as you implement a proposal.