Nitrogen offers a range of portfolio analytics and tools designed to give your clients insight into potential risks and returns, and help you engineer a portfolio that fits their needs.
In This Article
Along the right-hand margin of a portfolio, you'll find that portfolio's Risk Number®, six-month 95% Historical Range, GPA®, Annual Range Midpoint, and its aggregate Annual Dividend and Expense Ratio. If you've set up advisory fees for the accounts in a portfolio, you'll also be able to see the effective fee percentage for the portfolio (annualized, based on the portfolio value) below the portfolio's aggregate analytics. Additionally, you'll find an interactive asset class chart summarizing the asset class blend of the portfolio.
Selecting Annual Dividend or Expense Ratio in the right-hand margin of the portfolio will reveal those same figures for each allocation in the portfolio.
Learn more about portfolio analytics by checking out the articles below:
Pro Tip: Add all of your client's accounts to the portfolio for the most powerful analysis. Nitrogen will aggregate return, volatility, and correlation data of each security, calculating the effects of diversification to show Risk Numbers for each account as well as the overall portfolio.
Individual Account Analytics
All of the aggregate analytics available at the portfolio level are accessible for each account in the portfolio. To view these, click on the views menu on the top-left of an account (directly under the account name) and select Analytics.
Muting accounts can be a quick and easy way of viewing aggregated analytics for particular groups of accounts within a portfolio without deleting accounts or managing separate portfolios.
You can mute accounts in 1 of 3 ways:
- The Mute menu at the top of the portfolio (directly under the portfolio name) allows you to mute multiple accounts quickly. Simply uncheck the accounts you'd like to mute. Selecting Only next to any account will mute all the others while using the Select All option will unmute all accounts in the portfolio.
- Mute Account is also an available option in the 3-dot menu (...) on each account.
- Dragging an account into the muted area will mute it and instantly refresh the portfolio. You can also unmute an account through our drag-and-drop function.
Note: Muted accounts will also be excluded from printed reports.
For more on muting accounts, check out our article on Discovering and Discussing Held Away Assets
If you notice indicators next to the name of a particular allocation, it will mean one of the following regarding that position within a portfolio:
- Limited Historical Data – indicates the investment has not experienced a full bear market. Such investments use Extrapolation to "fill in the blanks" in their history.
- Used Proxy – indicates Nitrogen is using a proxy set by the advisor to determine risk for this holding.
- Used a Fallback – shown when an investment was not recognized. This indicates that Nitrogen is using a fallback such as SPY to determine risk.
- Custom Scenario – indicates custom adjustments have been made to the investment's Risk / Return Scenario. For more information on any holding, simply click its name to reveal the Risk / Return Scenario.
See Viewing a Holding's Key Analytics for more details on the data shown.