Meet Discovery — the intelligent way to search the universe of securities and find the perfect fit for your clients and their portfolios. With Discovery, you’re empowered to quickly dive into your investment research based on your most vital search criteria including the Risk Number, Riskalyze GPA, and more.
In this article:
The Discovery Homepage
To open Discovery, navigate to the header navigation menu and click on Discovery.
Searching in Discovery
When searching for investment choices within Discovery, you’ll use these 15 criteria to narrow down your results by:
- Favorites: A way to review your previously favorited funds within Discovery
- Risk Number
- Security Type
- Net Expense Ratio
- Annual Dividend Yield
- Equity Sector: Groupings of stocks, or investments with underlying stock holdings with similar business activities, such as consumer cyclical, technology, utilities, etc.
- Market Cap Size: There are three broad market cap categories: small, medium, and large. These classifications are based on the current market capitalization, which is the total dollar value of all outstanding shares of a company at the current market price.
- Style: A portfolio's equity exposure into value, blend, and growth based on the growth rate, earnings growth, EPS, and more.
- Turnover Ratio:
- Historical Annual Return: Annualized Return based on the compounding growth rate of the investment since inception or going back to 2004.
- Max Drawdown: Observed loss in price from a peak to a trough of a security, before a new peak is attained.
- Alpha: A measure of a particular security’s ability to create returns in excess of the measured benchmark.
- Beta: Excess volatility as compared to the measured benchmark.
- Standard Deviation: Annualized volatility since inception.
When searching for investments, we encourage you to start with Riskalyze’s proprietary analytics, the Risk Number and Riskalyze GPA because risk and return efficiency are at the center of every financial conversation.
Start by clicking on Risk Number and dragging the slider to your desired range. Your results will automatically appear on screen.
Next, select GPA and drag the slider to match your desired range. Again, your results will always be updated with funds that match your criteria.
From there, you can add in additional search criteria and Discovery will search through our database of 1 million+ securities and display the most up-to-date results and data.
If your Riskalyze plan includes Individual Security Analysis, you can take your research a step further and dive into things like modeled performance, diversification, asset classification, and more.
To help make Discovery as fast and efficient as possible, we've added column management to the left side panel. Click on the Filter icon on the left side of the screen to open the column management editor.
From here, you can toggle columns on/off by selecting the blue toggle button. You can also change the order of the columns by clicking and dragging the bars next to each toggle.
Note: The Discovery table will update in real-time with these changes.
Using the Quick Filter Bar
Want to make searching even faster? You can use the quick filter bar to search for specific criteria or terms without moving your fingers off of the keyboard.
For example, if you want to search for Risk Numbers between 40 - 80, all you’d have to do is type in “Risk 40 - 80” or “Risk Number 40-80.”
Not only can you apply quick filters, but you can also search for keywords or ticker symbols.
For example, Fidelity or TSLA.
Have additional questions on how to use Discovery? Feel free to reach out to our team at email@example.com.