Meet Discovery — the intelligent way to search the universe of securities and find the perfect fit for your clients and their portfolios. With Discovery, you’re empowered to quickly dive into your investment research based on your most vital search criteria including the Risk Number, Riskalyze GPA, and more.
In this article:
The Discovery Homepage
To open Discovery, navigate to the header navigation menu and click on Discovery.
Note: There’s a lot more innovation coming to Discovery in the months to come. Picture saved searches, a favorite investments list, and more! Stay tuned for more information.
Searching in Discovery
When searching for investment choices within Discovery, you’ll use these 13 criteria to narrow down your results by:
- Risk Number
- Security Type
- Net Expense Ratio
- Annual Dividend Yield
- Equity Sector: Groupings of stocks, or investments with underlying stock holdings with similar business activities, such as consumer cyclical, technology, utilities, etc.
- Market Cap Size: There are three broad market cap categories: small, medium, and large. These classifications are based on the current market capitalization, which is the total dollar value of all outstanding shares of a company at the current market price.
- Style: A portfolio's equity exposure into value, blend, and growth based on the growth rate, earnings growth, EPS, and more.
- Historical Annual Return: Annualized Return based on the compounding growth rate of the investment since inception or going back to 2004.
- Max Drawdown: Observed loss in price from a peak to a trough of a security, before a new peak is attained.
- Alpha: a measure of a particular security’s ability to create returns in excess of the measured benchmark.
- Beta: Excess volatility as compared to the measured benchmark.
- Standard Deviation: Annualized volatility since inception.
When searching for investments, we encourage you to start with Riskalyze’s proprietary analytics, the Risk Number and Riskalyze GPA because risk and return efficiency are at the center of every financial conversation.
Start by clicking on Risk Number and dragging the slider to your desired range. Your results will automatically appear on screen.
Next, select GPA and drag the slider to match your desired range. Again, your results will always be updated with funds that match your criteria.
From there, you can add in additional search criteria and Discovery will search through our database of 1 million+ securities and display the most up-to-date results and data.
If your Riskalyze plan includes Individual Security Analysis, you can take your research a step further and dive into things like modeled performance, diversification, asset classification, and more.
Using the Quick Filter Bar
Want to make searching even faster? You can use the quick filter bar to search for specific criteria without moving your fingers off of the keyboard.
This quick filter bar uses natural language search technology to find the exact criteria you are looking for. For example, if you want to search for Risk Numbers between 40 - 80, all you’d have to do is type in “Risk 40 - 80” or “Risk Number 40-80.”
Discovery currently recognizes roughly 35 keywords to set criteria for numeric and non-numeric filters, and our algorithm will become smarter over time to help you set search criteria even faster.
Have additional questions on how to use Discovery? Feel free to reach out to our team at email@example.com.