Once Trading has been enabled for an account, it's important to know where to view and edit the Account Target. Use the Target Holdings view to remember which model an account is tracking, or to “adjust the flight plan” for a Trading account.
View the Account Target
Any account integrated from a supported custodian will show “Target Holdings.” Navigate to the Accounts Dashboard, click on the account you’d like to edit, and select “Target Holdings.”
Changing the Target Model
Changing the target model for a Trading account can be done from the Target Holdings view. Whether you’d like to increase the overall cash position of a client account, or simply change the target model, each of these tasks can be accomplished from the Target Holdings View. To change the target model:
1. First, navigate to the Target Holdings view.
2. If you’d like to remove a security or model, click the X on the left side of the holding. If you’d like to add a security or model, use the “Add investment or model” search bar.
3. Select the new model or security you would like to target.
While you are in the Target Holdings panel, you can select the Actions dropdown to access two settings
- Reset to current holdings -changes the account target to match the current holdings.
- Delete all unlocked holdings - removes any target allocations that you have not explicitly locked.
4. When you finish with your edits, click Apply Changes.
Note: After applying your changes, you’ll be prompted to confirm your edits one last time. We just want to make sure Trading has permission to generate trades for your review.
Building Blended Models on the Fly
While blended models are typically built from the model portfolios page, the Trading Target Holdings view gives you the freedom to add individual model sleeves into an account at will. Each of these models can be assigned an allocation percentage and can be removed or swapped for any other model.
Adjusting Cash Targets
Account cash targets are set at the time of Trading activation but can be changed at any time through the Target Holdings view. To edit the cash target:
- First, navigate to the Target Holdings view found within the Accounts Dashboard.
- Adjust the target allocation percentage of the model, until the remainder in Cash/Money Market is to your liking.
Allocations that were locked during Trading Activation can be unlocked from the Target Holdings view. Additionally, allocations that are not locked, can be locked from within the target holdings view. Simply click the DO NOT TRADE icon, and the position will be unlocked. The allocation percentage in the locked position can then be adjusted and any changes will be reconciled with the cash position. If you change your mind, simply click on the locked icon again, and the percentage that was in the locked allocation will be withdrawn from the model and returned to the locked position.
**Important - If you accidentally make a few edits to the target holdings, and you’d like to start all over, click DISCARD EDITS and the target will be reset back to its current version.
Adding Satellite Allocations
The target view gives you the freedom to add satellite allocations to an account. Satellite allocations are those that don't belong to a model. To add these allocations, simply click into the Add Investment or model row at the top and search for the security you'd like to add. Once the security has been added, you can edit the allocation percentage, or remove the allocation if you change your mind by clicking the paper airplane icon. This will place the allocation percentage back into cash.